Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's been awhile...

Well it's been awhile!  Here's an update...  When I turned 30 last December I promised myself I would get it together and take control of my health.  I've had some ups and downs along the way, but I've learned that I am in control, no one else... so here are the goals I'm working with right now:

1.  Lose the weight.  I've been carrying it around for YEARS.  Years.  Yes Years.  And it's time to go.  So what am I doing about it?  I'm carb-cycling.  I purchased the book "Choose to Lose" by Chris Powell and it completely changed the way I look at food.  Buy it.  Read it.  Learn something about yourself along the way.

2.  Become a runner.  I have always thought of running as a good way to get in shape and to be healthy.  So I started running.  Even before my 30th birthday I would run.  Well this year I took it up a notch.  I signed up for a 5K in Nashville and ran that (I didn't run the whole time, but I ran it), and met my goal of under 40 minutes.  Somehow I got talked into running a half marathon back in Nashville on November 8th.  I ran 4 miles today (almost without stopping).  So there's that.

3.  Have more patience.  I'm still figuring that one out.

4.  Do what makes you happy.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  If I could stay home, cook, make all the money I needed and do crafts I find on Pinterest I'd be happy.  Then I could hang out with Marilyn all the time and life would be great! 

So who cares right?  Well I've been told a couple of times I should start a blog and share my recipes, motivation, etc.  So here it is.  I'm reviving it and will try to share, motivate, love, cry, and enjoy life with whoever feels like joining me along the way!

Until next time...
 
This is from almost 2 years ago... but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Dr. Watson